Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What to do, what to do.

45 days to go!!! WHAT???

That is just madness. As I mentioned before, time is traveling at warp speed. The weeks are just flying by. I still have so much to do, but I really can't get my mind about exactly what it is that I have "so much" of to do. Studying, of course, is priority #1. And I've been doing a good job of getting one posture down a week. I'm kind of getting in the groove of it, too. I actually might be able to up my 1/week. (That would be outstanding!)

I just started Balancing Stick Pose tonight. Got to it right when I got home from work, for about an hour, and I got a little more than halfway through. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll have retained what I've learned tonight and be able to crank thru the rest of it. Woo hoo! I am so looking forward to training so I can actually go thru postures with actual people in front of me.

Ok.. so things to do:
  • Load up the iPod
  • Figure out/buy vitamins
  • Take inventory on my yoga wear
  • Meet with my roommate and decide who is packing what
  • Make a packing list!!!
I guess the packing list is really the thing that is beginning to freak me out. I am going to be gone for 9 weeks. How do you pack for that?? Obviously clothes aren't the big problem. I'll be doing laundry while I am there, so that won't be too crazy. It's all the other shtuff. This whole eating thing during those 9 weeks has totally thrown me for a loop! We will have lunch provided Monday - Friday, but breakfast, dinner, snacks? I'll need to provide those meals for myself.

While staying in a hotel room with only a mini-refrigerator...

No stove. No microwave. No stocked pantry...

How in the world am I going to eat? I haven't quite got the answer to that yet.

3 comments:

  1. Hey sis, I'm all caught up on your blog now :) And happy birthday to you today!! I am so proud of you, you have no clue. You are so awesome and inspiring to be doing this for yourself. Javad is amazed at what you're accomplishing, as I've filled him in on your plans and he's also reading your blog with me. I am very proud to be your little sister :)
    As for the eating thing, who better to brainstorm with than our brother? I'm sure he could help you figure out a way to keep a balanced and convenient diet. And aren't all those restaurants in Cali all health-obsessed anyway? I'm sure you'll find a favorite spot to grab dinner from a few times a week.
    I am very excited for you. The way that you will grow inside your soul from this experience is something that I know will be too great for words to represent, and for this is am so, so, SO happy for you, and honestly, when you get back, sign me up for classes because I want you to teach me what you've learned :) I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud to have you as my sister. Thanks for such a wonderful note. keep them coming. They mean so much to me. Love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast, well, you don't really eat...I just made a scoop of protein powder in water in my room. Lunch is the big buffet meal...dinner was a little challenging, but depending on how you eat, there are a million options. Many people bought turkey slices, a loaf of bread and a jar of mayo and made sandwiches, supplementing with fruit or pretzels or whatever. Power bars, nuts, PB&J, etc. not glamourous but... Room service here and there was nice, and we had a little deli place where you could get sandwiches and stuff made up. Not sure how it will be at this hotel, but I'm guessing you'll have options!

    ReplyDelete