Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tomorrow is a new day

The New England Regional Yoga Championship is October 24th. I’ve been saying that I am going to compete. And now it is less than 3 weeks away and I haven’t got a routine. The only thing I did to prepare myself was to go to Diane’s studio and take an Advanced Class / Coaching Session. This was over 3 weeks ago. I was intimidated with the advanced postures, and truly have no clue what I would do for my optional postures. I feel pretty disappointed with myself, but I really just don’t think I am going to enter the competition.

I hate to give excuses. But I have been so busy with life. My full time job has been insanely challenging and taking up every ounce of energy that I have for the last month or so. I feel like I haven’t got much left in me after work, so I haven’t taken the time to even THINK about competing, never mind train for it. I didn’t set my intention. I didn’t add it to my list. And now, I feel it is too late. My studio owner, Sam, says that I should still do it, just for the experience. But I don’t feel like I can. It’s funny, I am no longer a “No I can’t” kind of person. What is going on here? What is this negativity creeping into my being? Tomorrow, my goal is to awaken that me that I found 3 months back. That “I can do anything” me. I think I like her a lot better.

6 comments:

  1. You can.
    You know the 5 postures, work with someone in your studio to get 2 more. You can totally do this. Practice everyday after class or after you teach.
    All you have to do is try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I am RIGHT there with you. Like, every single sentence you just wrote is one that I could have written on my own blog TODAY. (Except I'm minus Diane and Sam.) You should email me or something and we can commiserate/motivate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find 2 more postures and just practice those after your regular classes and after you teach (be careful,... not too warmed up). Enter and consider it your warm up/motivation to do it next year. You are a freakin rockstar Wonder Woman!!!!

    xo,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think of it as an opportunity!! Now you get to help me move that day!! Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay positive! I love George Bernard Shaw's quote "The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can't find them, make them." Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness... thank you for the encourangement, everyone. I sort of (maybe, possibly) know I should do it. But I've been having this deflated attitude lately, and I know where it is stemming from. Nothing to do with yoga!!

    Thank you Christian. "You can." very pwerful.

    dancingj... uuugh. I'll email you. :)

    Linda - ahhh!! What 2 postures do I pick! I'm coming to your class Friday. let's dish!!

    Bro... well, I guess I AM doing the competition!!

    Thank you, tracik... love the quote. Positivity. So right.

    ReplyDelete