Monday, May 25, 2009

Week 4


Bikram was back this week! That man brings so much energy to us. It is really great to have him back. He can pull so much out of me, both mentally and physically. Granted, with Bikram back, that means sleep is at a minimum. Let’s see, Tuesday night we were up until 3:30am, Wednesday night – 4:30am, and Thursday night up until 2:00am (which we all thought was a treat!!). But somehow 12 hours of sleep in 3 days actually wasn’t so bad for me. I am able to squeeze in a few 30 minute catnaps between classes, which seem to keep me going for the rest of the day and night. It’s amazing that how yoga gives you energy. I’ve heard it time and time again for the last 4 years, but I am seeing it clearly now. The fact that I am able to survive and function with so little sleep is all due to the yoga. In the mornings, I drag my ass to class, still half asleep. I am rejuvenated and wide awake after class, and ready to take on the challenges of the day.

I can really start to see physical changes in my body this week. So cool! Two of the visiting teachers from my home studio said they didn’t recognize me from the back because my bootie shrunk. (But no worries, I am still bootie-licious!) My postures are getting stronger, too. Well, mostly in the evening classes. I have a very hard time with the morning classes. My body is SO stiff and I can’t really get into anything. But when the 5:00 class rolls around, watch out!! I’ve had 2 of my best classes this week. Thursday nights class, Bikram taught, and I was feeling kind of tired. I ended up being a few rows back from front, and right in the middle, which meant clear visibility of me for the Boss. I took so much energy from him, and totally rocked that class. I felt so open and proud after class, and had to have myself a little cry. It was all good.

Friday night, a visiting teacher from Texas, Lisa, taught class. It was absolutely AMAZING. She may just be my new favorite person in the world. She had this insane energy about her, and exuded such a love for the practice and for teaching. After class ended, she busted out some dancing music and the whole class was on their feet busting a move. It was really fun. After the week of sleeplessness, I think that was just what everyone needed. When I get out of this training, if I can give my students half of the energy that she gave us, I will consider myself successful.

I feel so incredibly lucky to be here. This experience is absolutely like none other. I am learning so much from all of the visiting teachers. They are all so open to sharing their knowledge and their own personal experiences. When someone is down, they always seem to know how to pick them back up, whether it is just a comforting touch to the hand, or sharing their own stories. It is the best feeling to know that right now, I am being taught by the best teachers. The Bikram classes are unbelieveable. I’m learning about the different styles and approaches that each individual teacher has, and figuring out which pieces of them that I want to take with me. Listening over and over and over again to the dialogue, day after day after day, slowly but surely is making me a firm believer that YES… I’m going to be ok once I get into my own classroom. The words are actually going to come out of my mouth. And damnit, they just might come out with some hefty conviction, love, energy, and strength. Watch out!!

Me, Leah (Canada), and Julie (Boston)
Natasha and I right before our last class of week 4!

The walk back from evening class.

9 comments:

  1. Hi D,

    OMG you look amazing :) happy, skinny:) no way Mike can say you have a gut anymore! I am so proud of you I can’t wait till you are back and teaching at the studio. Everything is good here everyone asked about you every Monday I show everyone your blog well just wanted to say HI
    Talk to you later
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi D,

    OMG you look amazing :) happy, skinny:) no way Mike can say you have a gut anymore! I am so proud of you I can’t wait till you are back and teaching at the studio. Everything is good here everyone asked about you every Monday I show everyone your blog well just wanted to say HI
    Talk to you later
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER said she had a gut!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes you did at yoga one day and where have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle! I love you :) you write the best blogs ever. Promise to bring some of that energy back with you, I want some! I can't wait to see you...almost the end of week 5! you'll be home before we know it!!

    Love, Jot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so fun to read the same experiences and thoughts I had at my TT last Fall coming from you! Keep up the great work, keep your spirits high, dont get involved in the dramas! My hardest issue was the Indie films late at night.......the worst experience EVER!! Arent the sub-titles hilarious?? Anyway, know you will complete this journey and the dialogue will come to you and everything just keeps getting better! Im on FB if you want to get in touch... take care, Jenise O'Brien

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fuck Yeah!
    You look amazing. Sounds like you're getting your ass kicked on a daily basis and loving it. I'm actually a bit jealous.

    Can't wait to come take one of your classes

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job danielle..i can't wait to take your class when u get back..love reading your posts...so inspiring. I would love to get the nutrition info that dr. T taught you..as well. stay strong and take care!!!

    ReplyDelete