Monday, September 7, 2009

Manifest impeccable form

Something is happening. And it is WONDERFUL.

The past week I have felt like someone new in my practice. I walk out of the room after my 90 minutes feeling a strength that I have felt very few times. And it’s not just physical strength I am feeling, but focus, determination and will-power. We talk about our yoga practice as a meditation, but how often do we actually clear our minds for the full 90 minutes? There is always something that trickles in. Did I pack my underwear? What time is that meeting? God, I can’t wait to get a coffee!! (The coffee one seems to hit me around Fixed Firm Pose every morning!) But lately, I get to final savasana, and suddenly “snap out of it”. Whoa. Class is done. And I rocked it.

There is a statement that has been running thru my head every time I step into the hot room. It is something that Craig Vilanni said during training. “Manifest impeccable form.” It has become my mantra. It has opened the door for me to constantly concentrate… meditate. I’m practicing presence. In the moment, in the posture, I am 100% invested. Is this what we call meditation? I challenge you to still your mind for 90 minutes and be completely present in that room. By manifesting impeccable form from start to finish throughout the postures, we have no other choice.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you are still writing a bit! Fabulous! :) This is such a cool post, it gives me shivers a little bit. I know exactly the feeling that you're talking about. It's been hit and miss for me lately. I've had INCREDIBLE classes, and ones that were just alright. But "impeccable form"... very nice... I like that a lot. The boy has a way with words!! Isn't it funny how certain words or phrases just STICK with you? "Precision" has always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey J! Yeah, picked it back up (which I've been meaning to do for a while)!

    Shivers, eh? Sweet! Yes, I got so many little tid-bits from Craig on that last week when he was there. I'd probably have a journal full of these phrases if he was there the whole time.

    Now "Precision" - that is definitely an Emmy staple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW. Precision, frequency, and intensity, right? I HEART Emmy. I always wished I could bring in a tape recorder into her class. Everything out of her mouth is just right on for me. My brain goes into overdrive trying to retain all of it!

    ReplyDelete